Position Available: Experienced Individual (Casual Contractor Basis)
Location: Tucker Psychotherapy, 72 Ross Street, Barrie, Ontario
About Tucker Psychotherapy:
Tucker Psychotherapy is a growing mental health practice committed to providing high quality psychotherapeutic services in Barrie and throughout Ontario. We uphold a attachment based approach utilizing evidence based and dynamic approaches, focusing on enriching the lives of individuals, couples, and families through thoughtful, compassionate care. We conduct sessions in-person or remotely, based on client preference. The practice uses the Jane EMR and video software, as well as Microsoft 365 for business.
- Individual: Offer individual available in-person or remotely based on client preference.
- Assessment & Treatment Planning: Develop and implement comprehensive treatment plans to address the diverse needs of clients.
- Collaboration: Work closely with other health professionals to provide holistic care.
- Documentation & Compliance: Maintain accurate and timely client records using our PHIPA compliant Jane EMR software, adhering to all confidentiality, jurisprudence and ethical guidelines.
- Maintenance of Continuing Education
- An undergraduate degree in psychology.
- A master’s degree in psychology (counselling and clinical), Couple and Family Counseling, or a related field from an institution that is or would be accredited in Ontario.
- Current registration with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario or the College of Psychologists of Ontario.
- 1500 hours of direct client contact, while receiving at least 150 hours of post-graduate supervision in providing individual therapy.
- Candidates with a Masters of Social Work and Registered Social Workers will be considered with a minimum of 10 years of postgraduate experience of actively engaging in the controlled act of psychotherapy on a regular basis (at least approximately 20 hours per week), with 150 hours of documented direct clinical supervision in an individual or group format (must have at least 25% individual structured supervision) with a minimum of 1500 direct client contact hours during this time. Core psychology and psychotherapy courses in undergraduate and post-graduate are an asset for this position.
- Post-graduate training in various modalities of providing therapy, suicide prevention, and safe cyber practices, as well as ethics and jurisprudence.
- Must be able to complete in-person appointments and have transportation to the office at 72 Ross Street in Barrie.
- Up-to-date liability insurance of $5,000,000.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of safe use of information technology and cyber security practices.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Must be in good standing with governing body(ies) and affiliated associations.
- Competitive remuneration package
- An option to buy into a group benefits package, which includes disability and extended health benefits (on approval of the insurance provider).
- A supportive and collaborative working environment.
- Peer support.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume and a cover letter detailing their experience and passion for couple and family therapy to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are actively reviewing applications and looking to find the right person to join our team. Because of the volume of interest in these positions, only people who are selected for an interview will be contacted.