- Registered Psychotherapist with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario #3547
- Canadian Certified Counselor #7933
- Bachelors of Arts, Honours degree in Psychology. Laurentian University 2009
- Masters in Counselling Psychology, University of Calgary 2013.
I started practicing psychotherapy in 2012. I have worked in school boards and in community mental health agencies as a Psychotherapist and a Psychometrist during my career.
My theoretical approach to therapy utilizes relational attachment, trauma and cognitive explanations to human emotional and behavioural suffering. Every client is different; therefore, I customize every approach and intervention to the needs of each unique individual. I employ an active directive approach, while providing unconditional positive regard to allow clients the space to do the work they have come to do.
My post-graduate academic work has focused mainly on Mindfulness, Rational-Emotive Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (REBT), Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for the treatment of sleep problems, EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing), Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, Trauma informed therapy and Attachment based interventions.
I tend to use the types of therapies below; however I am versed in many different techniques.
- Rational-Emotive Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)
Areas I specialize in:
- Problematic Anger, Jealously and Envy
- Disorders of the Personality (Specifically; Borderline, Histrionic, Dependent, Passive Aggressive, and Narcissistic)
- Complex Post-traumatic Stress /Borderline tendencies
- Emotional dysregulation issues
- Difficulties with attention
- Grief/Complicated Grief
- Guilt and Shame
- Low self-esteem/self-worth/body-image
- Disruptive Relational Behaviour
- Post-traumatic Stress
- Sexual dysfunction
- Loss of Relationship, Separation and Divorce
- Suicidal Ideation/ Behaviour
You must be logged in to post a comment.